Wednesday, July 20, 2011

and she has an attitude...

This morning when I woke up I saw that Twingle's bedroom door was closed and when I opened  it to see if she was in there, running out of the room, came a VERY upset Twingle meowing like there's no tomorrow. She kept going STRONG and LOUD for a while, at first by our bedroom door and then following me around, walking between my legs, like she was trying to tell me something.
Confused and surprised by her behavior, I decided to wake my husband up to ask what had happened, why he had closed the bedroom door with her in there. Well, he didn't do it on purpose. At some point last night he went into the room  to leave the mail and closed the door behind him when he left, like he used to do every night before it became Twingle's bedroom.
I know it's one of those situations that you had to have been there to find it funny, but trust me, she made me laugh today. I had never seen her like that, so agitated and upset, really distressed that he had had the nerve to do that to her. Let her spend the night locked in the bedroom.
I think her meows were trying to say something like this: "how could he do this to me?!? foolish man!!! how come he didn't see me in there and closed the door?!? how dared him?!?".
It felt like she wanted the world to know what he had done to her just to make sure there would be consequences for his action and it would never happen again.
I asked him to apologize to her and promise her he would never do it again. Later on he went out and bought her a new toy, but said that even so she kind of stayed mad at him the whole day.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Twingle is such a diva. I think we should rename her. Mariah or Celine maybe.

    ReplyDelete